Welcome to Future Solent 2015. In this conference mini-site you will find information about the day, and links to further information.
Download agenda as pdf
0850 Video from the Future Solent Conference of 2014
0905 Welcome to the 2015 Conference Future Solent Update
Stewart Dunn, Chair of Future Solent and Chief Executive of the Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
0920 House keeping & Round table introductions
Emma Paxton, Event facilitator
0930 Launch of the David Green Award
Presented by Andy Stanford-Clark, Master Inventor IBM
0945 Greentech South Launch
Anna Parry, Greentech South Cluster Manager
0955 Round table discussion on what Greentech South should offer business
1015 Refreshment Break
Visit the Expo
1045 An Energy Strategy for the Solent
Ben Earl Southern Water, Future Solent Lead on Energy Strategy
1100 Connecting your Energy to the Grid – Barriers and how to overcome them
Alex Howison, Scottish and Southern Energy Power Distribution
1115 A Business Opportunity – The Solent Solar Panel Project
Dr Alan Whitehead MP
Simon Letts, Leader of Southampton City Council
Colin Rowland, Southampton City Council Project Leader
Professor AbuBakr Bahaj, University of Southampton
1200 Round table discussion – Energy Strategy and How you can be involved
1220 Lunch / Networking / Visit expo
1350 Feedback from the morning sessions
1405 Keynote Speaker
Quentin Scott, Low Carbon
1435 Introduce Round table Hot Topics
Emma Paxton Event Facilitator
See Below for a list of topics and choose 3 to attend.
1440 Round 1
1505 Round 2
1530 Round 3
1555 Final comments and invitation to the Reception
1600 Drinks reception
Round Table Topics:
1. Solent Growth Hub – Ray Cobb – Ray has many years experience in helping businesses apply for grants and other funds. Ray will outline the ways you can give yourself the best chance of success.
2. Solent LEP – Steve Futter – Steve has managed the Bridging the Gap fund for a number of years and will help you avoid the mistakes that lead to a failed bid. If you are submitting an application to the Bridging the Gap fund then this session is definitely for you.
3. Hampshire Community Bank – Kostas Voutsinas – Kostas is one of the local team setting up the new Bank which hope to commence trading in 2016 and he will be talking to SMEs looking for business loans for specific projects.
4. Innovate UK and The Enterprise Europe Network – Tim Benzie – Tim has many years’ experience in finding EU partners for UK companies, as well as helping UK companies take their product to the EU market. Tim now has expertise in Innovate UK programmes and will show you the correct funding programme and offer guidance along the way.
5. Greentech South – Anna Parry – Come and tell us what you want from the new cluster, hear what we can offer your business.
6. Southern Water – Ben Earl – Saving Water and Energy – Hear how your business can reduce costs and receive a FREE audit and retrofit
7. Lymington Solar Farm – How it was set up and the hurdles they overcame.
8. LoToNo – 10,000 Innovation Vouchers for SMEs with Low Carbon projects.
9. Meet The Academic – University of Southampton – 10 Researchers showcasing PhD research into Cities and Energy.
10. Meet The Academic – University of Portsmouth – 2 tables – Sustainable Construction, decision-making processes during building design, construction and operation and using operational research, logistics and artificial intelligence in your business.
11. Meet The Academic – Southampton Solent University – Opportunities from the circular economy.
12. Internet of Things – What is it, what’s happening and how quickly. Three of the Solent’s leading experts are happy to share the future of this – Andy Stanford-Clark, Chris Cooper and Nick Allott will explain more.
13. Measure Your Energy – Ben Murphy – If you can’t measure it you can’t save it – One of our leading local companies leading the way in energy reduction.
14. Resilient Web – Julia Pearson – Julia was a successful partner in the Green Growth Grant programme helping all the SMEs she worked with to win a Green Grant or better.
15. Environmental Technology Verification – Do you need to prove that a new product or service reduces carbon emissions? Here is the organisation that will help.
16. Planning a Renewable Energy Project? Charles Burt of GEP Environmental and Colin Rowland of Southampton City Council have done exactly that. Hear how.
17. Lotono Alumni Table – With Anna Traylor
18. UKTI SE – Grow your business across the Globe. What are the funds and other support?
Plus a couple of ‘pop up’ tables if you have a burning issue or idea you want to promote – but let us know so we can tell people what it is.
Or visit one of the 25 expos.